I got home after work Friday night (1:45-ish) to learn that Josh was dealing with his first real cold. Needless to say, the little guy and his parents (especially his mom) had a tough weekend, as his nose wouldn't stop running, his fever came and went and he had a ton of trouble sleeping. Josh is a tremendous one year old. He almost always sleeps through the night. He goes to bed without a fight and he's always got a smile on his face. So it was pretty tough to see him completely inconsolable times.
I'm sitting here at work waiting for the Sunday night football game to end hoping that both he and Lisa are catching up on some much-needed and well-deserved sleep.
Here are five things from this weekend.
1) I thought the Pats played like crap and am pretty shocked that they won. The Colts out-hit them, out executed them and, for much of the game, plain outplayed them. Joseph Addai is really friggin' good.
2) Let's not go too crazy over the Pats winning that game. There are two things that matter from it. First, New England likely will have home field through the postseason, which is key for the AFC title game. Second, we have to hear at least two more weeks of "perfect season talk" which will be incredibly annoying.
3) I've said since the start of the year that Boston College is probably the 20th best college football team in the country (if that). I continue to feel that way.
4) UMass football lost a slopper to URI 12-6 in OT Saturday. The Minutemen scored six points on three safeties. What more can you say?
5) Tournament play started late last week and we've got a bunch of games to cover this week. Plus, I've got jury duty on Wednesday. Oh, joy.